(INSPECTOR or Shop Kit gallery)
The is a compact, easy-to-use. all-in-one automated trailer tester that makes even an inexperienced technician into someone who can properly inspect and repair trailers.
- Full air management system with dedicated electric valves for Emergency and Service air supplies
- Internal pressure regulator for Service Air
- Air supply isolation system, custom gauges with 2 psi scale, and digital timer provide for very rapid identification of both internal and external leaks
- Direct readout of electrical faults: "chassis short", "open supply", "open ground", "shorts between circuits"
- Note: the circuits with identified faults are noted on the digital display
- Volt and Amperage measurements for each circuit
- Automated "All Circuits Test" performs a test of all of the circuits in less than 10 seconds
- Built-in 7-way cable tester checks for crossed wires and broken connections
- 12 Volt operation easily supports shop and mobile applications
- Individual circuits, all circuits, or any combination of circuits may be activated at the same time
- Tractor electrical outputs can be tested and their voltages levels can be displayed on the tester's digital display
- Each type of fault has its own unique audible alarm to speed the identification of intermittant faults and to support visible inspections using the included remote control
- One-Button ABS Fault Identification
- Instant identification of the trailer ABS ECU - make & model!
- Can read and clear fault codes for HALDEX, MERITOR WABCO, BENDIX, and WABASH ECUs
- Reads cumulative mileage from trailer ABS ECU
- When faults are present in an ABS ECU, the recommended troubleshooting steps from each ABS manufacturer can be displayed on the tester's digital display
Note: Mileage reading capability is a feature of INSPECTOR software version 8.2 and newer. The trailer ABS ECU's supported are: Haldex, Bendix TABS-6 and EC30, and Meritor Wabco produced beginning in 2004.
Please see the INSPECTOR software version 8.2 release for details
- Full remote control of air supplies with built-in anti-compounding protection
- Remotely test Brake, Left, Right, Tail, Aux, and Marker circuits while walking around the trailer
- Full-function remote with dedicated buttons for all the tester's circuits and major finctions.
- Large format design for easy handling
- The INSPECTOR operates on 12 Volt DC power making it suitable for both shop and mobile applications.
- LITE-CHECK manufactures a 12 volt DC filtered and regulated power supply (311R) which is a perfect companion for INSPECTORs used in shop environments.
A standard 12 Volt battery is a good power source for the tester, but unfiltered power supplies such as battery chargers should not be used as a direct power source as they will disrupt the operation of the INSPECTOR's electronics, and can cause damage to both the tester and ABS controllers.